The Search for New Blood Screenwriting Contest
Well, the early entry fee ($46) isn't highway robbery, which always a plus. I could quibble with some of the categories because I'm not sure where films like Shaun of the Dead, Warm Bodies or Underworld would fit, but I suspect close enough is probably good enough. The opportunity to be associated with The Blood List in any way, shape, or form could never be a bad thing. Looks like my wallet is about to get a little lighter...
Click the link below for more details:
Dark. Twisted. Scary. Creepy. Suspenseful. Psychological mindf***. Bring it.
We want it.
Stage 32 is already shaking up the industry, so we’ll keep going with this explosive announcement: Stage 32, the Stage 32 Happy Writers, and Literary Manager Kailey Marsh, Founder of The Blood List, have partnered to look for the darkest, scary, creepy, suspenseful, mind-boggling, most twisted scripts from undiscovered writers from all over the world in the first ever Search for New Blood Screenwriting Contest.
Every year on Halloween, The Blood List is released by Kailey Marsh, highlighting the top 13 screenwriters of unproduced dark genre scripts, which is shared with over 100 managers, agents and production companies in Hollywood. The Blood List is also featured on such sites as Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline Hollywood, and The Wrap instantly placing the writers of these scripts in the spotlight.
This year, we are searching for NEW blood. We are looking for the top 3 unrepresented horror/suspense/thriller writers that come from Stage 32. That means you. Kailey will be releasing our top 3 winners on The Blood List under a designated section: NEW BLOOD. If you make the top 3 of The Search for New Blood Screenwriting Contest, you and your material will be exposed to the same list of industry executives.
Holy s*** is right.
But wait, there’s more. Sure, everyone wants cool prizes, and we have ‘em (check out the Prizes tab above), but we know the most important reason you enter a contest is for exposure and opportunity. You want to speak with the decision makers, the people who have the potential to move the needle on your career. Our Grand Prize Winner and 2 other finalists will be presented with that experience.
What Kind of Scripts Can I Enter?
Stage 32 / The Blood List are looking for scripts in all areas of horror, thriller, and suspense. If your script fits in with any of these examples below, it’s a fit for this contest!
- Psychological Suspense: Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, The Game, The Usual Suspects, American Psycho
- Crime Thrillers: Fargo, Prisoners, The Town, The Counselor, No Country For Old Men, Blood Simple, L.A. Confidential
- Contained Thrillers: Buried, Phone Booth, Open Water, Hard Candy, Panic Room
- Destruction Thrillers: Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Independence Day
- Revenge Thrillers: Taken, Oldboy, Kill Bill, Death Wish
- Sci-Fi Thrillers: Alien, Inception, The Matrix, Blade Runner, Minority Report
- Spy Thrillers: The Bourne Identity, Ronin, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, True Lies
- Horror: Saw, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist
- Ironic Horror: Scream, The House in the Woods
- Found Footage Horror: Paranormal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield, The Last Exorcism
JudgesOh, about those judges, you ask? Yeah, we don’t mess around with that, either. We’ve brought in some of the top executives specializing in the suspense, thriller, and horror genres. Take a look at the Judges tab above to see which executives we are working with.
Early Bird Entry
Monday, Jun 30 - 11:59 PM PDTSubmission fee: $46.00
Wednesday, Jul 30 - 11:59 PM PDTSubmission fee: $56.00
Sunday, Aug 31 - 11:59 PM PDT
Submission fee: $66.00