Tuesday, September 03, 2013

The Wall


Worst. Summer. Ever. The above image represents my creative flow over the last few months. My muse has been sealed up behind that brick wall like poor Fortunato in The Cask of Amontillado. Now I didn’t just wake up one morning with this dreaded affliction, it was more of a creeping shadow that gradually overtook me. I usually have bursts of productivity, followed by the occasional dry spell, but the bursts became less frequent and the dry spell grew into a vast, endless desert. It all started with  missing some self-imposed and contest deadlines, until I found myself staring at a blinking cursor on a blank screen...

So here I am, sitting with an unfinished script, doing my darndest to finish it, but I don’t want to paint a completely dire picture. It’s not like I’m stuck on page ten or something like that. I just wish it was done already. My last post about Joss Whedon’s writing advice has been pretty timely. I haven’t been sitting around and twiddling my thumbs. Scribbling notes/scenes for future scripts and watching a lot of (mostly bad) movies. I have a glut of stuff to blog about so there’s that. Eventually I’ll get over that hump, I would just prefer it to be sooner than later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...