Thursday, April 18, 2013

R.I.P.D. Trailer



Based on the trailer, it would be difficult to ignore the obvious similarities between R.I.P.D. and Men in Black: a secret organization, mismatched partners, gruff older guy and the cocky younger guy, fish out of water, special effects driven, etc. We’ve come a long way from the days of 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon. Audiences have shorter attention spans and demand lots of spectacle. I do like the concept of otherworldly cops though. I haven't read the comic that it's based upon, so R.I.P.D. could very well be a completely original idea, but the marketing folks probably thought this was the best way to sell it. Only time will tell...

1 comment:

SCRIPTMONK!!! said...

This looks awful. And the travesty is that it should be awesome. Jeff Bridges is playing a cross between The Dude and Rooster Cogburn, his two most memorable roles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...