Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Contest Alert: Austin Film Festival

Got my annual call for entries from the Austin Film Festival the other day. Their screenplay competition has an impeccable reputation and industry awareness, but my werewolf script didn’t fare too well when I entered a few years back so I usually pass. I know, I know, it’s all subjective but [whine] that same script made the finals and semi-finals of reputable genre contests and received two positive reads from Nicholl!![/whine] I’ve been reluctant to take another shot... until now.

“Due to an increasing demand by our industry judges, we’ve created a new horror award category for the Screenplay Competition. This category is open to any feature horror script including dark suspense, thriller, sci-fi and macabre themes.”

Austin has always had a genre category, but I like the new emphasis on horror. Not sure if my odds will be any better though.  Check out the details here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...