Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pacific Rim Trailer


After watching the Pacific Rim trailer, I suddenly felt there was a strong possibility that I had somehow slipped into a parallel universe where Guillermo Del Toro was a hack who made soulless films with giant robots, lots of ‘plosions, and featured Maxim models as his leading ladies (Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental). Clicking my heels together didn’t do much to change my surroundings, so I did a little Googling and found a few interviews that eased my fears...



Del Toro hasn’t changed. He’s still the same imaginative filmmaker who gave us Cronos, Pan’s Labyrinth, and Hellboy. The ability to combine spectacle and story is a rarity these days. He’s giving us a little more spectacle than we’re used to, but I suspect subsequent trailers will shed more light on character and story. I really want this film to do well. Its success would definitely increase the odds of a Hellboy 3.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...