Monday, June 18, 2012

Hemlock Grove



I came across a good interview on The Business with Eli Roth and author Brian McGreevy on adapting McGreevy's novel Hemlock Grove into an original series for Netflix.

A young girl is brutally murdered and found near the former Godfrey steel mill. As rumors mount, two of the suspects in her killing--Peter Rumancek, a 17-year-old Gypsy trailer trash kid rumored to be a werewolf, and Roman, the heir to the Godfrey estate--decide to find the killer themselves.

I know what you're thinking: Another cheesy paranormal romance with teenagers and werewolves? Curse you, Stephenie Meyer!!! Well, unless Roth has gone soft, I doubt that's what we'll be seeing. The novel has an edge and supposedly reinvents the werewolf myth. Not quite sure what that means, but I am definitely curious. I'm even more curious about Netflix developing original content.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...