Saturday, May 05, 2012

Fringe: Brave New World (Part 1)

Although I haven't missed an episode of season 4, I've been that somewhat disengaged. These aren't the same people we've been watching for the past three years. I mean, they look the same, but they're practically strangers to the viewers. Playing the same characters this long is probably a chore for the cast, so I'm sure they jumped at the chance to breathe new life into their roles. Season 4 feels like someone pushed a magic button and changed the dynamics ever so slightly. It reminds me, to a lesser degree, of the big Superbowl reset in Alias' second season.


I kept waiting for Peter to leave *that* place and get back to our timeline. There wasn't a worthwhile payoff to the alternate, alternate world -- until last night. I was genuinely surprised (won't spoil it) by a certain revelation, but it makes perfect sense. Looking forward to Part 2 next week and season 5!

Anyway, I thought I'd pass along a great interview with writer/director/producer Akiva Goldsman about working on the show and developing certain ideas. Great insight from someone coming from movies and having to learn how television works. You can listen to it here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...