Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shellshocked



I don't think I'm going to make the Nicholl final deadline -- there goes that New Year's resolution. It's still possible, but highly unlikely at this point. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't be satisfied with the quality of this current draft. Despite the fact that I could feel myself falling behind, I just didn't apply enough pressure to get over the hump. Given enough time, anyone can pound out a competent feature-length screenplay. Writing with a clock over your head is another matter.

James Cameron wrote Aliens, Rambo: First Blood Part II, and The Terminator in 1983. Clearly, I'm no James Cameron. There's a distinct line between hobbyists and people serious about becoming professional screenwriters. Gut check time.

So now what? My last paragraph might have been a *tad* melodramatic. I'm still going to write like I have a deadline to meet. Beyond that, there's always the Austin Film Festival. I could even swallow my pride and go for one of the smaller genre contests (again). However, my primary goal is to finish the darn thing. I still like the premise and outline is solid. Not as niche as my last script, but that's probably a good thing. Onwards...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...