Saturday, January 07, 2012

STEP 4B (Saturday, Week 1):

Now go to page 3 and write the ending of your movie. You should, hopefully, know how your movie ends. This should be no more than 1-2 paragraphs and occupy the bottom half of page 3. Now don’t forget the big car chase.

Okay, first stumbling block. I completed my ending, but I'm not happy with it. The stakes aren't big enough and I don't have a good feel for the characters. It's tough to put them in certain situations when I haven't completely figured out their motivations — and I kinda suck at mapping out endings. I usually have a strong inkling of how the story will play out, but it can take a while before that final scene materializes.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. Perhaps I should go for something more generic like:

After a thrilling car chase, the bad guys are thwarted, the girlfriend is rescued and the good guys win.

Meh. This step will be revisited...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...