Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Pre-New Year!


It's never too early to start thinking about New Year's resolutions. I have two simple screenwriting-related goals for 2012: read and write more. Back in the day, I used to read anything I could get my hands on. But after a while, I started to focus more on screenwriting articles rather than actual screenplays. I'd peruse a script here and there, but it was no longer a priority. Guess I thought I had passed that stage. Silly me.

Meaningless contest placements and read requests aside, the shimmering Golden Apple is not yet within the reach of my scrawny fingers. My writing still has a long ways to go. I learned a great deal from reading produced scripts. I reckon they have a few more lessons to teach.

Recently, I came across a script goldmine, the BBC Writersroom. A few feature scripts, but primarily teleplays. You can find teleplays for shows like Being Human, The Fades, Luther and Doctor Who.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...