Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finally!


The monkey is off my back -- creepy little thing, isn't it? I was just about to label my query campaign a major disappointment when a read request magically appeared in my in-box yesterday. Hopefully, there's more where that came from. The last two months have been really frustrating. I had carefully researched my targets on imdbpro.com and expected much better results. Aside from a few polite passes based on my query letter, nada. Still, two months on imdbpro is a better bang for your buck than a lot of screenwriting contests out there -- cheaper too.

What makes this request somewhat interesting is the fact that the same production company totally ignored me when I tried querying them last year. What changed? Better presentation on my part I guess. Anyway, I'm not going to look a gift horse too closely in the mouth.

Also, I learned my lesson from last time: you only get one chance to make a good first impression. I'm going to give my script a once, twice and thrice-over before signing the release and mailing it back to them.

Meanwhile, I've got the first draft of a sci-fi thriller to finish...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...