Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dog Soldiers: Red



After several false starts, it looks like Dog Soldiers 2 might finally become a reality. The producers have put up a teaser for an upcoming web series, Dog Soldiers: Red, that will tie in to the sequel of the cult favorite. Sounds like a cool enough idea. However, I'm surprised the whole thing took so long. I don't have the numbers, but I've always assumed the original made a nice piece of change on DVD.

Bold move or cheap attempt to appeal to the gore hounds with the werewolf killing the kid? Although the target audience won't mind or even notice, it's the sort of thing that makes some folks uncomfortable. Trick 'r Treat was stuck in limbo for quite some time because of hand-wringing over kids getting killed.

It didn't bother me, but that's not the route I would have taken. I prefer to focus more on suspense than the kill. Still, I'm looking forward to this...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...