Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confessions


(This post has absolutely nothing to do with that Usher song...)

It's been almost 270 days since I last queried. I ended that unfortunate streak last week. It felt really good to get back in the saddle again. I spent a significant amount of time writing and trying to come up with creative ways to make my query stand out. For the record, this wasn't me. Creative, not crazy. At the end of the day, it comes down to a compelling logline.

As I stated in previous posts, I only entered Nicholl this year. Despite some moderate success, contests didn't give my script the boost that I was hoping for -- got some nice t-shirts and magazine subscriptions though. Instead, I used the extra cash for a few months on imdbpro. I'm still querying production companies, but once my supernatural thriller is finished, I'll expand to managers and agents. Although I could query them now, I'd feel more comfortable with another script that's ready to go.

I haven't said much about my current spec because I've come to conclusion that I hate writing about something before it's completely finished...

'Looks like I'm done!!
Oops. Not yet.
Maybe next week.
Next month?
OMG! Just discovered a huge plot hole!
How could I have been so blind!?'

Enough of that. I might put up some progress bars or tweet about my weekly output, but that's about it. When I'm really done, I'll let you know.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...