Saturday, January 29, 2011

Looking Ahead (Part 2)

Fright Night


My bad-movie sense is tingling, but I'm such a huge fan of the original that I'm trying my best to ignore it. Buffy alum Marti Noxon wrote the script, and they've casted really well with the likes of Colin Farrell and David Tennant. So why the tingling? I wonder if that poster has anything to do with it...

Insidious



A young family discovers that the body of their comatose boy attracts evil entities, while the boy's mind is trapped in a dark realm known as The Further.

Intruders



An eleven year old girl is confronted with a monster and throws the life of the whole family off track.

Aside from the clip — gotta brush up on my Spanish, there isn't a ton of information out there. And while I thought the "Zombie Dad" subplot in Juan Carlos Fresnadillo's script for 28 Weeks Later was just downright silly, I didn't mind his direction.

Insidious and Intruders are manifestations of a parent's worst nightmare. I expect at least one of them to connect with audiences.

Red Riding Hood


I'm curious about Catherine Hardwicke's first big project after Twilight. Sure, the trailer makes it seem like an obvious (and desperate) attempt to cash in on the YA paranormal romance craze, but there's gotta be more to it, right? The big reveal can't be what I'm thinking...

Source Code



There's nothing better than a good time loop story, even a virtual one. Strong cast here. I have a hunch about the ending, but we'll just have to wait and see...

The Thing



(The quality of that bootleg teaser gives me motion sickness.)

It's going to be tough to compete with John Carpenter's version. Director Matthijs van Heijningen Jr. has a rather short resume. In fact, this is his first feature... *positive thoughts* ... *positive thoughts*

A diverse batch of genre films this year. Should be fun.

2 comments:

NYFA Photography said...

great predictions

screamwriter said...

Thanks! I tried to stay away from some of the obvious choices.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...