Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Looking Ahead (Part 1)


I've got my popcorn ready for the movies of 2011. Here's a few on my radar...


STORYLINE (via IMDB): A horror-thriller set on 11:11 on the 11th day of the 11th month and concerning a entity from another world that enters the earthly realm through Heaven's 11th gate.

Kicking myself for not coming up with something like this. Clever concept that will come down to execution. BTW: Director Darren Bousman is on twitter.



Star-crossed lovers pursued by Observer-like individuals trying to preserve the future. I'm a sucker for these kinds of science fiction stories. However, it seems like a stronger premise for a short, rather than a feature length film.


Aside from The Dark Knight franchise, I'm *this* close to being totally burnt out on superhero films, but Captain America intrigues me. It's a period piece that features a hero who doesn't have flashy cgi superpowers, nor is he a billionaire with an arsenal of cool gadgets at his disposal. Hopefully, the script will be up to the challenge.


Zoe Saldana as a cold-blooded assassin in Colombiana. What's not to like?



I wasn't particularly interested in the concept, but the trailer and cast won me over. Looks like a fun ride from Jon Favreau.


STORYLINE (via IMDB): A young girl buys an antique box at a yard sale, unaware that inside the collectible lives a malicious ancient spirit. The girl's father teams with his ex-wife to find a way to end the curse upon their child.

Meh. Not much of a grabber — except for the part about being based on true events. Casting Jeffery Dean Morgan and Kyra Sedgwick would suggest solid acting, no? I'm willing to give this one a shot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...