Friday, December 31, 2010

Tick-Tock


Figured I had enough time to squeeze a few more thoughts into 2010...

The Crazies

Never saw the original, but I'm a fan of Radha Mitchell and Timothy Olyphant. Expected much more than I got: THE GOVERNMENT IS EVIL! HIDE YOUR WIFE! HIDE YOUR KIDS! THEY'RE CONTAMINATING EVERYBODY OUT HERE! (AND TRYING TO COVER IT UP.... WITH NUKES!) And while we're on the subject, why don't zombies/crazy people ever attack each other?

Doctor Who Christmas Special - A Christmas Carol

Fun take on the Dickens classic. Schmaltzy and manipulative? Without question. Many reviews were decidedly mixed. However, I always try to keep in mind that Doctor Who is a kid's show first and foremost. Adults are welcome, but know your place.

The Fourth Kind

The screenplay by writer/director Olatunde Osunsanmi was on the 2008 Black List. Although I haven't read it, I imagine the story showed more promise on paper than the final product delivered on film. There are some intriguing ideas and imagery presented, but it fails to come together in any meaningful way. BTW, Osunsanmi has another script that made the 2010 Black List, Dark Moon. Pretty impressive accomplishment.

The Lovely Bones

Peter Jackson can do no wrong in the eyes of some, but he did plenty here. A long, pretentious bore. Hated it with every fiber of my being. Hated myself for sitting through the whole thing. Did I mention how much I hated it?

Misfits - series 2

Another crude and obnoxious series -- but in a good way! Sometimes Nathan gets too much attention, while characters like Curtis and Kelly get the short end of the stick. I enjoy the shortened U.K. seasons (series), but things can feel rushed at times. Interesting developments with Simon. Can't wait to see what their new powers will be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...