Thursday, July 29, 2010

Suckerpunch



Okay, time for some fanboy true confessions. While I enjoyed Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, I've been completely unable to sit through the likes of Watchmen and 300. Believe me, I've tried. They're great-looking films, but right around the halfway mark, my mind starts to wander... Does my printer have enough ink? How many pages did I procrastinate away today? Maybe the Knicks will make the playoffs this season — maybe I'm delusional...

I kinda feel the same way about this Suckerpunch trailer. Absolutely fantastic visuals. I mean, hot chicks, dragons *and* zeppelins! What's not to like? But has anyone seen... Story... Story? Anyone? Bueller?

Sure, there might be a great tale hiding deep, (deep, deep) underneath all the slo-mo shots, eye candy and epic trailer music, but what if there isn't? What if it's just more of the same?

INNER FANBOY

The trailer was designed to piqué our interests, Scream. Stop over-analyzing. Maybe Snyder just doesn't speak to you. As a matter of fact, why don't you tear up your fanboy card after this post, because you're no longer a member of our club. SNYDER ROOLZ!

Anyway...

They say you should always try to imagine the trailer for the your script: all the cool set pieces, visual gags, one-liners, etc. but don't forget about its heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...