Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cruel Summer

So the Nicholl Fellowship Notifications came out today and... I didn't make the cut for the Quarterfinals (again). However, I did get a P.S. at the bottom of my rejection e-mail about receiving two positive reads but not cracking the top 20% of entries — really could have done without the second half of that statement. Guess that puts me somewhere in the top 30%? Nice to hear that my script didn't completely suck. Lessens the sting a bit. If you recall, I was pretty bummed last year.

I have a good idea where the weak spots are and how to fix them. Still, contests (readers) are subjective. The last thing I want to do is drive myself rewrite crazy, only to have the new draft booted after one read, which has been known to happen. The P.S. will help me push through my current masterpiece/disaster. Until next year, Nicholl...

4 comments:

盈廖生家秀蔡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
onipar... said...

Sorry to hear it. I agree, don't drive yourself nuts with rewrites. You have to be able to determine which comments are accurate and which are opinion based.

Good luck.

screamwriter said...

Thanks!

I guess it comes down to having good instincts. :)

佳瑩佳瑩 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...