Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Too Frightening?



Looks like the viral marketing campaign for PA2 has already started. Some theaters have supposedly pulled the teaser trailer because of complaints that it's too frightening. Excuse me? I demand that you scaredy cats explain yourselves! The Great Pumpkin is scarier than that trailer. Craig Sager has suits more terrifying than that trailer!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I just made a shadow puppet that was infinitely scarier than the aforementioned trailer — I make a mean Doberman.

5 comments:

峻帆峻帆峻帆 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I agree it's a silly and all too obvious gimmick, but I can't wait to see the film because I loved the first one.
The majority of sequels suck and this one probably will also, but I'm hoping.

screamwriter said...

It's going to be a challenge to top the scares of the first film. I'm not sure if fans will be satisfied with more of the same.

Anonymous said...

They've kind of boxed themselves in in regards to the style in which they have to shoot it. I don't think the audience would accept them jumping from a home video observer style to traditional film, and it appears they're sticking to the video camera.
If the film is just a retread of the original it'll bomb.
What would work for me is if they did a continuation from the exact moment the first film ended and they some how followed possessed katie.

screamwriter said...

You make some good points. But I think it's almost impossible for a micro-budget sequel to bomb. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...