Now we crack my top 10...
10. The Orphanage (El Orfanato) - downright creepy. Also manages to pull the heart strings at the same time.
9. Phone (Pon) - One Missed Call did the haunted phone thing, but this Korean film goes someplace darker and more interesting. There's a little girl who just steals the film from the grown-ups.
8. The Others - great pacing.
7. The Grudge - one of the few occasions where I liked the remake more than the original.
6. Shaun of the Dead - horror/comedy is probably hardest genre hybrid to pull off, but British Zomedy does it with amazing ease.