Saturday, January 02, 2010

25 Screams (part iv)

Now we crack my top 10...



10. The Orphanage (El Orfanato) - downright creepy. Also manages to pull the heart strings at the same time.



9. Phone (Pon) - One Missed Call did the haunted phone thing, but this Korean film goes someplace darker and more interesting. There's a little girl who just steals the film from the grown-ups.



8. The Others - great pacing.



7. The Grudge - one of the few occasions where I liked the remake more than the original.



6. Shaun of the Dead - horror/comedy is probably hardest genre hybrid to pull off, but British Zomedy does it with amazing ease.

3 comments:

The White Wolf said...

I'm anxious to see you top 5... cause as it stands now, I don't know if you and I can be friends any longer.

screamwriter said...

Everybody's a critic! :)

The White Wolf said...

Hahaha.

There's gotta be some kinda price for creating Lists...

I only have #1's and 2's.

Everything else falls under: meh, yeah that was pretty good, sucked balls, and a completely fucking tragic waste of time and money.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...