Thursday, August 06, 2009

Pandorum


Ever come up with what you believe is an absolute dandy of a premise -- only to discover that it's already headed to a theater near you? Pandorum is pretty close something that I've been kicking around for a while. Not exactly the same, but enough similarities to make me curse under my breath while watching the trailer. Amnesia. Creatures. Confined spaces. Feels a little Resident Evilish -- no surprise there, it's from the RE creators. I'm ticked that someone beat me to it, but I'm not about to give up on the idea just yet. It all comes down to execution.

3 comments:

K J Gillenwater said...

I'd be curious to see how you execute your idea.

As for the trailer, totally up my alley. Space madness? Oh yeah.

Was that Dennis Quaid I saw? Maybe I'll go check the website to see.

Have you seen the trailer for that new sci fi vampire flick with Ethan Hawke? I can't remember the name, but it looked intriguing.

screamwriter said...

Quaid and Ben Foster are in it. I was surprised at the budget, 40 million. Would've thought smaller. Maybe they're hiding some big set piece.

I posted the trailer for "Daybreakers" last month or so. Looks good.

K J Gillenwater said...

Or a lot of CGI work?

I must've missed the posting of "Daybreakers." But, yes, that was the one. Jan. 2010. Looks like I'll have something to watch this winter. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...