Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Legion Trailer



I tweeted about this earlier, but I'd like to expand a bit further than a hundred and forty characters. One of the loooongest trailers I've seen in a while -- talk about blowing your load! You really have to wonder if the film has anything left, other than a lot of standing around and talking. For a B-movie action/fantasy, "Legion" certainly has an above average cast: Dennis Quaid, Kate Walsh (WTF?), Paul Bettany, Tyrese Gibson, Charles S. Dutton, etc. A film like this would usually get one or two recognizable faces. Sometimes we forget that even actors have bills to pay. Can't hurt to shoot a query letter to the manager/agent of a pie in the sky actor on your dream cast list.

The best I could dig up on the production budget was 40 million. Say what you want about the humdrum plot, renegade angel and a handful of strangers defend a pregnant waitress from a legion of angels, but it's a good-looking 40 million dollar flick. Still, I can't seem to shake the been-there-done-that feeling while watching the trailer. The January release isn't exactly a vote of confidence from the studio either.

2 comments:

Q said...

I think the idea is superb, but I'm a sucker for Angels and Demons battling it out in front of humans on Earth and whatnot. But after watching the that long trailer... I think just saw the entire movie...

Maybe I'll check it when it hits the cheap theaters.

screamwriter said...

Trailer gave away a lot

Don't want to spoil it for you, but I read that Betany already signed up for a sequel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...