Friday, July 24, 2009

Point Pleasant Revisited



Remember this? Way back in 2005, a lifetime ago, I blogged about the short-lived supernatural drama regarding Satan's hot daughter and her struggle against a dark destiny. I recently caught the full 13 episode run during a marathon on Chiller -- really need to get out more. Anyway, it came across much campier than I remembered, much of it intentional. I now see how the show's creators could've played it safe and went with the typical vanilla drama, but they tried something different. Much belated props for that.

Near the end, Christina was acting like a Buffy villain, with the quips and everything! In case you're curious, nothing monumental happens in the finale. Christina goes over to the dark side, but she still has a sliver of good somewhere inside -- at least that's what some characters would like to believe. Ah, closure. Now I have one less thing to wonder about... is it time for those Nicholl's emails yet?

6 comments:

K J Gillenwater said...

You don't need to get out more! Everyone has different enjoyable ways to pass the time...I'm a movie/tv junkie...but I have a life. I don't spend all day, every day in front of the tv. But, every now and then, a good tv/movie marathon really makes my day.

:-)

Did you watch the Torchwood: Children of Earth miniseries?

screamwriter said...

Unfortunately, I don't have BBC America. I'll have to catch it on DVD.

I have a weakness when it comes to cheesy programming. Like a moth to a flame.

K J Gillenwater said...

Def. catch it on DVD. A few plot problems, but overall very gripping & entertaining.

One of my cheese faves? "The Faculty" with Elijah Wood...I love it up until the monster reveal. Also, I will watch almost any disaster pic, no matter how bad.

screamwriter said...

Maybe it's writer's guilt on my part. Instead of working on the new script, I'll become enthralled with the umpteenth run of "Beastmaster" on cable. lol

K J Gillenwater said...

I'm guessing "Beastmaster" is for GenX men as much as "Some Kind of Wonderful" is for GenX women. LOL!

screamwriter said...

Hollywood is probably working on the remakes as we speak.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...