Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Deal Breaker?


So Kirk Acevedo is off "Fringe" and Meghan Markle joins the cast -- used to be one of the "Deal or No Deal" show-models -- as a junior FBI agent. Charlie was the skeptic. He didn't buy into the crazy theories, just did his job. Kinda like Skinner on "X-Files". Might screw up the dynamic. I also read that a slew of new writers are being brought in. Just when the show had started to find its legs....

"Mutant Chronicles" is exactly what you'd expect from a sci-fi zombie movie. Decent cast -- I didn't get the Pras from the Fugees cameo. Apparently, John Malkovich will agree to *any* script thrown in his direction.... maybe I should get his contact info! Simple, silly story. Struggles when it tries to go beyond the limited budget. Murky shadows and digital blood splatter can only go so far. I think plans for a theatrical release fell through.

Stuck in the mud with the new script -- okay, stuck is the wrong word. I have options, I just don't like any of 'em. Think I'll work on something else until inspiration strikes. I have an idea for a low budget thriller that I'd like to get off the ground anyway. By hook or by crook, I'm gonna start and finish two scripts this year.

4 comments:

coylothrop said...

If you ever need a sounding board feel free to give me a 'holler' (DM over Twitter). Sometimes it helps me to bounce my concepts and quagmires off of my friends.

screamwriter said...

Just might take you up on that offer!

K J Gillenwater said...

Okay, I'm ticked they aren't bringing Charlie back. I liked him a lot. I'm also ticked they're bringing in some MODEL to replace him.

I really really like the character of Astrid. I was hoping they would pump up her character some and make her more of a player in what happens from week to week. And THIS would've been their chance. If they are getting rid of Charlie...well, there's your replacement.

But new writers? New 'hot' woman FBI chick? UGH. I HATE that idea. Not good, "Fringe." Not good.

This new girl better barely have a role. Be even LESS important to the every day show than Charlie was. Or I'm gonna be ticked.

They had a perfectly interesting character in Astrid.

screamwriter said...

I agree with you on Astrid. My guess is that the new actress won't do much. Joshua Jackson will probably get to do more. We'll have to see how it pans out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...