Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Stood Still



Maybe I was too hard on the “Knowing”. At least it kept me entertained for a pretty decent stretch. This "Day the Earth Stood Still" remake is a straight yawner. I’m a fan of the original -- still holds up -- maybe that shaded my opinion just a bit. Nothing new here, except overblown CGI and a hokey, “save the earth” message. Don’t think I bought into any of the characters. Everyone acted so weird, I half expected them to pull off rubber masks and go, ‘Joke's on you, buddy! We’re aliens too!’

6 comments:

K J Gillenwater said...

Thanks for saving me the trouble of watching. I am always annoyed with Hollywood hitting me over the head with politically correct crap...and was very disappointed when I saw this was where they were going with the remake.

Sigh.

But boring AND politically correct? Not my cup of tea. LOL.

P.S. what did you think of "Fringe" last night? I think this show is finally finding its legs...

screamwriter said...

I don't mind a message, just deliver it well. The ending didn't seem well thought out.

I now look forward to episodes of "Fringe". Big change on my part.

K J Gillenwater said...

You are right, it is the delivery that counts.

I look forward to "Fringe," too! I could watch/listen to Peter-Walter arguments all day.

However, I would like more about the evil corporation and Blair Brown. Where did that go?

screamwriter said...

Massive Dynamic's unseen CEO, William Bell, will finally make an appearance. Won't spoil it if you don't know, but the actor is huge in sci-fi fandom.

K J Gillenwater said...

Actually, someone recognized his voice from this past week's episode. If *that* is William Bell, I am now officially in LOVE with this show...even with its faults.

screamwriter said...

Really shrewd casting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...