Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Knowing



I was intrigued by the premise ever since hearing about the script a couple years back. Spooky kid puts a bunch of predictions in a time capsule. Years later, it’s dug up and they all turn out to be true… except for the ones that haven’t happened yet!

Better than “I, Robot“, but nowhere near “Dark City”. “The Knowing” is the kind of film that falls apart if you think about it too much -- or even a little bit. Great concept that falters somewhere in the middle -- under the weight of all the heavy handedness. Seems to have polarized a lot of folks -- on the imdb anyway. I thought it was an average sci-fi flick. Okay acting. Cool special effects. Cage is Cage. Lots of stuff here to pick at -- especially the last 10-15 minutes, but I’ll wait a week or two...

4 comments:

K J Gillenwater said...

I've been a Nic Cage fan for a long time...except for some of his most recent choices. However, I always come back, hoping this time it will be Quirky Cage Good. Like his MOONSTRUCK or RAISING ARIZONA days.

However, I'm glad to hear you think it was better than "I, Robot," because for all its flaws, that was an entertaining little film. Sort of like "Eagle Eye." The premise was a bit weak, but the action was so much fun, I could let stuff slide.

I'll have to give this one a shot on Netflix.

screamwriter said...

Sometimes I think Nic Cage sticks his hand into a big bag of scripts and just pulls one out.

K J Gillenwater said...

Sort of like Samuel L. Jackson...he picked 'Snakes on a Plane' just for the title. LOL.

screamwriter said...

Sam never met a role he didn't like.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...