Thursday, October 02, 2008

Angel Heart remake?


According to Variety, there’s an “Angel Heart” remake in the works... Hmmm. Back in ‘87, there was a ton of controversy surrounding the film because of the graphic sex scene with Mickey Rourke and Lisa Bonet -- who was doing her damndest to shed her sitcom good girl image. Strange picture. A little ahead of its time with the twisty ending and some creepy performances, but my overall opinion soured over the years. What seemed dark and daring to me as an adolescent, now looks cheap and exploitative. Damn you, maturity! I suppose they’ll trot out Beyonce or someone like that to play Epiphany in a PG-13 version. In fact, it’d probably be more fun to see who they’d cast in the major roles than sitting through the film again.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I started to watch 'Angel Heart' many years ago...but well after it's release. I shut it off at one point...yes, a little to exploitative for my tastes. It was creepy and disturbing...and then there was the sex! Eeek!

Can't see why this movie would need to be remade.

Kristin said...

Man, that post had more grammatical errors than I want to admit! Ugh.

screamwriter said...

Skeevy is the word I'd use... uh, the movie, not your post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...