Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Characters Welcome

The USA Network has really taken that slogan to heart. And they’re not just talking quirky either. The season finale of “In Plain Sight” was pretty entertaining and a little uncomfortable to watch at times. Mary’s family truly puts the “D” in dysfunction.

It never hurts to give your protagonist some issues, but wow... the free-loading kid sister with a suitcase full of meth and eyes for Mary's two-timing boyfriend, her slutty/lush mom and I can’t forget Mary’s estranged, bank-robbing Dad who’s been writing to her for twenty years -- unbeknownst to Mom and Baby Sis...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I tried to watch an episode, but it wasn't for me. Her family was probably the most interesting thing for me...but what you described sounds a little too much over the top.

The ep I watched was about some mobster's kid. I hate 'cute kid' or 'streetwise kid' types. Ugh.

Anyway, the whole idea of it was not exactly what I was expecting.

screamwriter said...

I know her family situation might sound like "Desperate Housewives" on roids -- probably doesn't help that Leslie Anne Warren was on "DH" -- but it plays out much better than you'd expect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...