Thursday, July 31, 2008

Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans



Rhona Mitra looks pretty badass in her armor, but can “Underworld 3” really deliver the goods? Think about it. They’re taking out a lot of the things that worked in the first two films: the modern setting, hybrids, gunplay, Kate Beckinsale in latex, etc. and replacing them with what looks like a costume drama. Obviously there’s going to be action, but the budget will limit what they can do. I suspect we’ll see the occasional skirmish but no bloodbaths on the battlefield. And we already know how Sonja and Lucian's relationship will turn out. I'm not seeing the audience grabber...

4 comments:

Sarena said...

You'd most certainly think that way. I know I did. But the movie kept me in my seat in anticipation the whole time. There were a few inacurracies from the first movie, but nothing too noticable. Even though we all know how it ends, you still cry when she dies and you still secretly wish he would save her. I highly recommend this movie to all the Underworld fans out there. =)

screamwriter said...

You might be right, but I'm probably gonna wait for the DVD.

Anonymous said...

Dude this movie was amazing. Ofcourse we all know how it happens but it makes you cry. When I saw it I was God smacked with the purity of the love, betrayel and weaponry carried onward within the movie. It's good to always see someting new without slick guns or high latex battlesuits. If you like Assassins Creed and the other movies. You'll like this.

screamwriter said...

@Anonymous

Honestly, I can't tell if you enjoyed it or not! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...