Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Know Who Killed Me



What’s in a name? I don’t spend a lot of time obsessing over titles. I go with whatever strikes my fancy, usually a song. You have to imagine the title alone probably got the screenplay a few extra reads. Sadly, it’s also the only interesting thing about the film -- okay, Lindsay Lohan as a bad girl stripper ain’t half bad. Good girl Aubrey gets kidnapped by a serial killer, wakes up mutilated, now claiming to be a stripper named “Dakota”. Is she crazy? Is she making it all up? Does she have something to hide? Who’s the attacker? Not a bad set up, but everything after? Plot holes big enough for a chorus line of strippers to lap dance their way through, absurd twists and one of the most ridiculous closing scenes ever committed to celluloid. Still, it’s got that cool title...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Ok, more "Fear Itself" commentary.

She ate rat poison??? She bypassed a case full of sharp heavy trophies that would have made some pretty serious weapons in favor of eating rat poison and hoping he would eat enough of her to die?

Okay, at least this one was pretty darn scary all the way through, with the exception of the completely dopey cajun 'voodoo' stuff. But it was a good explanation for the switching of bodies, so I'm okay with it.

But the ending was another truly awful ending.

The scenes for the next one looked promising.

screamwriter said...

I thought his spell was creating an illusion that would trick her into opening the cell. As usual, the ending was pretty lame. What was up with the tattoos on her arms? And it looked like the actor who played the skinny cop also played the killer.

Sure, the next episode will be better... right..

Kristin said...

I think you are right about the actor being used twice. The killer had a very obvious fake nose, plus they kept his face hidden by his long stringy hair. This would play into the awkward re-use of the actor in last week's episode and calling them 'twins.'

I keep having hope! I can't help it. I'm the optimist.

However, I do have to keep giving them props for setting the mood very well. This one was particularly creepy and, at times, terrifying.

Wish they would have explained better what was actually on that 'pizza.'

Thanks for debating with me. I enjoy it!

screamwriter said...

It's almost as if the writers grew up watching episodes of "Night Gallery" or "Twilight Zone" in a foreign language. They get the mood right, but don't fully understand the structure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...